Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare, MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Direct Reports to: NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR
Position status: Full-time
Location: Nduta Camp
Position open: 6
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
Registration and Licensing: Must have Valid TNMC Registration Minimum Educational Qualification: Required-Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Desirable – Previous experience working in ER OPD, IPD and neonatal patients
Desirable-working with MSF and/or in a Similar Setting
Languages: English (fluent, oral & written), Swahili, Kirundi and French are assets.
Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service. Knowledge: Desirable – Tropical diseases and refugee health Main
• Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient and family) when necessary.
• Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment.
• Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
• Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their fooding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
• For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
• Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (ie, assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
• Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise.
• Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
• Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Job application procedures
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, detailed CV and supporting documents (copies of diplomas)
To: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta in the CV Box by 4.00pm on 26th July 2019 or via MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org, Please indicate on the Envelope/Subject Line the position title: Nurse
Only applications in English will be considered.
Women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview (MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees)