Nafasi za kazi | New Job Vacancies at Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) | Deadline: 22nd September, 2019
Jobs in Tanzania: New Job Opportunities at Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Position: Advisor on Health Governance
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
The GIZ program "Improving Healthcare in Tanzania” is looking to fill the position of Advisor on Health Governance, in particular health facility management and use of data for planning and budgeting.
Duty station; Either Mbeya, Tanga, Lindi or Mtwara
• working closely with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG).
• implementing the jointly agreed work plan and monitoring, evaluating and reporting the results
• supporting development, field testing and implementation of new tools, curricula and methods for improving the quality and use of data for management
• advising and training on the use of information, communication and technology (ICT) approaches for data use
• contribute to the development, testing and implementation of interventions to foster behaviour change on the use of data for evidence-based actions
• support scaling up of sustainable strategies to conduct basic data analysis, synthesize and visualize data, and communicate key successes
• identifying needs for support and capacity development needs of partners and develops concepts and strategies, and provides technical input on how to address identified needs
• extracting lessons learned and identifying good practices in his/her area
• participate in preparation of activities of the health governance component
• implementation of planned activities of the component in collaboration with relevant partners
• carry out training, mentoring and coaching of Council Health Management Teams (CHMTS),
• Facility Management Teams and Facility Governing Committees (FGCs) to improve quality of data as well as to use data for planning and routine management of the health facilities
• build capacity of facility management teams and FGCs concerning managerial and leadership skills (to improve the quality of delivered maternal and child services in the facility)
• monitoring of overall progress in the field of health governance in close consultation with the team leader and counterparts
• provides appropriate input for various programme reports.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• Master's degree in public administration, Service Management, Public Health or other related social science degrees
• proven training record in Monitoring and Evaluation and in statistical analysis or epidemiology:
• at least 5 years practical professional experience in health service management, health project management with relevance to health services or in health administration
• demonstrated work experience in data use for planning proven experience with facilitation of workshops, visualization techniques, supportive supervision, moderation and mentoring
• demonstrated experience working closely and successfully with Regional Administration and Local Government Authorities, and working with communities at local levels
• previous work experience in an international agency (minimum 2 years)
• good knowledge of basic project management sound knowledge of the Tanzanian health system including roles and responsibilities of the different stakeholders
• good understanding of key Tanzanian health sector policy and strategies
• very good working knowledge of relevant ITC technologies (related statistical software e.g Epi info, SPSS) and computer applications (e.g. Ms. Excel, MS Office) and other planning software in health sector (e.g Planrep, FFARS)
• fluent written and oral knowledge of English, sound report writing:
• excellent communication skills
• proactive, good networker and excellent teaching, facilitation and advisory skills
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com Please use the subject line "Advisor Health Governance". Applications in hard copy will not be accepted. Closing date for submission: 15.09.2019 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.
Position: Junior Horticulture Value Chain / Private Sector Development Expert (m/f/d) in the Technical Assistance to Support the Implementation of Agriconnect on Sector Enablers and Business Environment for Tea, Coffee and Horticulture in Tanzania Job-ID: P1690V004 Location: Zanzibar City Assignment period: 02/03/2020 - 02/02/2024 Field: Rural Development Type of employment: full-time Application deadline: 09/22/2019 Job description The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services. GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded project: „ Technical assistance to support the implementation of Agriconnect on Sector Enablers and Business Environment for Tea, Coffee and Horticulture” in Tanzania.
The overall objective of the Programme "Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity", of which this contract will be an essential part, is to contribute to inclusive economic growth, promote private sector development and job creation in the agricultural sector and to increase food and nutrition security in Tanzania, by promoting the productivity, commercialization and competitiveness of the tea, coffee and horticulture sectors.
The purpose of this contract is to provide a Technical Assistance Team (TAT) to assist primarily the Ministry of Agriculture in mainland, the Ministry of Agriculture, Natural resources, Livestock and Fisheries in Zanzibar, and other relevant national and local institutions and actors along the value chain to improve the sector enablers and business environment for the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains, within the framework of the respective agricultural development strategies. Your tasks The Key Expert works under the supervision of the Team leader and has following tasks, among others : Map policy support initiatives, including gap analysis Conduct overall assessments and reviews of national and regional regulatory capacity and policy framework, with a view to rationalise its redundancies, reduce compliance costs for farmers and value chain actors alike, and improve an effective and harmonised implementation Develop a road map proposal for policy reforms for the duration of the Programme Provide collaborative policy research/analysis and outreach to MoA and MANRLF, combined with policy advisory on laws and regulations affecting the subsector (selected commodities)
Your profile Qualifications and skills The expert must have Advanced degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Rural Development and or other related fields Fluency in English Fluency in Swahili considered an asset Read Also: NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORTUNITIES 2019 (1,580+ POSTS) General professional experience At least 5-7 years of work experience in the agriculture sector preferably in the coffee and tea value chain interventions
Specific professional experience Experience in coffee and tea value chain development Proven experience in analysis of policy and regulatory frameworks, capacity building and training of state institutions including Government ministries, Local Government Authorities as well as Non-State Actors including NGOs, Cooperatives and Farmers Organisations; Good knowledge and experience in the use of project cycle management processes and implementation of donor funded projects Good reporting skills and ability to communicate with wider audience Experience in the EAC region Location information For all the technical assistance assignments the services shall be undertaken in Dodoma and Zanzibar Town in order to provide best support to the relevant stakeholders (Ministries). In undertaking their duties, experts may be required to travel within the country. The Junior horticulture value chain / private sector development expert is based in Zanzibar (880 man-days). Start date & period of implementation The intended start date is 03/02/2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Notes Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format. If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 22.09.2019.